Kal Model Sheet

Kal

Nothing exciting to share this week. I’ve been working on a few model sheets, which are mostly just for me. The front and back were drawn separately, so they don’t line up. Anyway, she’s one of the characters in the little Halloween story I’m trying to finish.

I’ve actually gotten a handful of these done so far and I’m almost through with the main cast.These are mostly to show hair styles, clothing and coloring, so I made them almost the same way you’d make a doll. It ended up working out pretty good for me. I’m not sure if I’m going to share the others or not, but I’m happy with them so far.

Commission Work in Progress

     
I recently did a commission for a guild mate and thought I’d share the process here. I don’t normally keep my WiP images, but did this time.

The commissioner originally asked for just a sketch. He wanted a picture of his night elf druid asleep in the arms of an ancient of lore. I sent him this sketch.

He replied that he like the sketch and would like it in color, the only changes being that he would like to see the ancients lanterns in the picture and gave me this link to a reference pic: Ancient of Lore. I realized I used the wrong ancient and fixed his face also.

After finishing the flats on the ancient, I blocked in the character for reference and sent a progress picture of that. He thought the ancients barks looked a little to close to skin color, but otherwise good.

I darkened the ancients bark and did the flats on the character. The belt is gray scale because he got a new belt since I did the sketch and it updated in the WoW armory, so I no longer had a reference.

I fixed the belt and made it look like the current one, finished the highlights and shadows, added a few wisps and finished the background, although most of it is taken up by the ancient.

He liked the finished image, so I was done. I didn’t take any pictures of the print, but it looked like a print. Anyway, there is the whole commission process.

       

Tiny Prints of Zodiac series

I spent a little time last night working on making some smaller prints to send to an art show. I decided to try and send some tiny ones because they are a little less expensive to make and to sell. I also haven’t really sent any of my digital work to shows as prints yet, so I wanted to see how that goes.

I was able to print them out two at a time on my usual paper and then worked on trimming each print down to 5″x7″ (These images are a bit different from the ones in my gallery because I had to resize them in Illustrator before hand, sadly 8″x10″ is not the same aspect ratio >.< )

I printed out 10 of each for a total of 60. Once cut I signed the back and bagged and boarded each. I just need to finish printing out the labels and they are ready to go.

Now to figure out what originals I’m sending to the show.